Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 109: A Semi-fresh Perspective

So today was pretty much all about music; from the classes to making CDs to working on my own. We had a morning lecture with Mrs. Mary Capper, who gave us a most excellent talk about how we should be as part of the church by comparing it to a series of videos with orchestra conductors. She also introduced the class to (or those that didn't know of) Barcelona, by showing a Youtube video of Japan's huge aquarium put to a Barcelona song. Apparently, a lot of people liked it, so I'm making a bunch of CDs for them haha. We also worked on choosing our song for the 2nd Performance Day, which became much more difficult since the songlist was enlarged. After much discussion, we ended up with the exact same song w picked in the first place: Fix You, by Coldplay. However, our teacher Hannah told us that she felt the song seems too easy to go with a similar formula, and she encouraged us to really go for changing the style completely. Thanks to our Swiss friend Rebecca, we chose to go folk acoustic with the song, which should be interesting and fun. We're going with Jon Foreman and Ruth's cover of the song as reference to how we'll be doing it. After that, it was off to Eastgardens to pick up the English-Russian dictionary!! I'm going to be studying this whenever I can; it should be lots of fun. When I got back, I just uploaded my last Performance Day video (finally...) and reorganized my half-room. Even though today didn't have too much going on, I felt it was a good day. Sometimes, it's those kind of days that really just make you smile.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment