Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 112: "I wish you would listen"

Today was, as usual, a good day. The morning started with Sisterhood, which is always a highlight of the week (I can't help but look forward to it). The absolute BEST part was seeing my friend Maria from the Towers; she cancelled an doctor's appointment to come to Sisterhood. That totally made my day worth it; she had a great time, connected with lots of other ladies, and she says she want to come back every Thursday! I got back to my water-serving duties, which went great, AND I got to avoid being involved in one-sock wrestling during "Misterhood". Seriously, you wouldn't want to get involved with a bunch of guys wrestling with no shirts, trying to get the opponent's sock off his foot, would you? Exactly. Afterwards, I got to hang out with my fellow Hispanic brother, Donny, and went to a nearby restaurant just to chat. Donny is one of the few super close friends I have here; I'm sure I'll make more super close friends, but for now he's one of the top. Then, I went to the Old Testament Tutorial, which was pretty good; we talked about Moses being shown the Promised Land and being buried by God. It's amazing how God set all that up.. well, my afternoon was a bit boring but the evening made up for it. We had Master Classes, which is basically chances for us to get hands-on training for our specific areas of expertise. The best part was that I got to get some training on how Logic Pro works, which was SWEET!!! Since that's the standard program the church uses to come up with all the sounds used for worship (it's the STANDARD. The REGULAR. Man...) it just blew me away. I can't wait to get my hands on some Logic usage here at college. Right after the class there was Team Night; we got to hear from Dean, one of the worship leaders here at City. He's actually a very good speaker, despite his chill personality. We also heard some updates on Hillsong United's tour of the US of A. So if you haven't heard, the concert in Chicago not only drew a record breaking crowd at the Sears Centre Arena (over 11,000 people under one roof), but was also given the keys to the city by the mayor, was commemorated with what will now be Hillsong United Day on April 17th in the city, AND got a street (temporarily) named after them: Hillsong UNITED boulevard. God's doing some awesome stuff out there! And I just finished up a couple little things for tomorrow, so with that I shall go to sleep because I have an early morning ahead of me.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment