Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 108: Above the Norm

Today was awesome. I got to get a couple extra hours of sleep since my call time for choir was 9 (I've had several late nights over the week) Choir was the ultimate experience this morning; we were all out in praising God, and it was such a great time focusing on the Lord. When you're on the platform worshipping alongside amazing men and women of God, it feels like home; I feel most comfortable during worship.

In fact, if and when I return to the States, I want to bring the spirit of worship to San Francisco Christian School. I feel so drawn to go back there and help; the music department played such a massive role in my being here at Hillsong, and I really want to give back. An idea I have in mind is rebooting the Band class; I've been thinking of how my experiences here could help to get students interested in being part of the band. I have ideas on things that could be done for the programs a well as chapel, like forming a student-led worship group. My high school is precious to me, and I really feel in my heart that my future could potentially lead me there. For now, it will be kept in deep prayer and meditation.

We got to hear an epic message from Pastor Brian Houston on a joyful spirit; it truly was a blessing to hear about how laughter is good like a medicine. That's why I've been watching my favorite comedians every now and then on Youtube; whenever I feel just a bit off, getting some good laughs takes care of that for me. I also heard that a solid laugh (the ones you can feel in your stomach area) can be the equivalent to 3 minutes of aerobic exercise; WOW!! So basically, a good workout is to laugh! The morning was simply excellent; not much else to describe it. In the afternoon, I got to stop by Shane's place, where he helped tremendously by giving me tips on this new software I got to potentially work on designs for Threadless (I know it's not the absolute best choice, but for what I could get I think it's worth a couple tries!) After that it was practicing for the Box and some video editing. My day, short but satisfactory, and a blessing from the Lord.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment