Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 116: Oh, Happy Break

So today was a public holiday; and because it was a public holiday we got the day off. PRAISE THE LORD. So I got to sleep in and get a couple hours of sleep back from the weekend, which felt so refreshing (and yet I'm waking up early again for front of house service in chapel). I spent most of the afternoon uploading videos from The Box and updating some things on (Mac)ca, my laptop. The big, BIG highlight today was getting my last song for Here and Alive half finished; I got to record all the music, and all that's left is to work on the vocals. For this song, called Strength of Your Grace, I originally had an idea that was reflective of a worship song, BUT it dawned on me that I could take this song in a different direction. Because I have a new inspiration for my second song, Love You Still, based off of the band Falling Up's amazing piano lines, I couldn't help but look to another band for inspiration. As you may know, I have become a devout fan of the band Paper Route, because I am captivated by their music. One particular song I've enjoyed is Dance On Our Graves, which is the main Christian-based song on the album; it's eerie and simple piano line was something I've been drawn to lately. When I figured out how to play it, I decided to experiment by using different notes but keeping the similar style. What I came up with is now the music for Strength of Your Grace. So after I work on the vocals (which includes re-writing the song altogether) I will have 6 of the 7 songs for the EP finished! Then it's on to the re-do of Love You Still. I have to give the credit to God, because I prayed before I really started for Him to give me patience and diligence to get what I wanted out of the playing time. He didn't disappoint. So thank you God for answering my tiny little prayer =)

God bless,
Steven

P.S. If you didn't check already, I have a new song posted on my Facebook page for That One Dude: my cover of Starfield's I Will Go. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment