Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 111: A Gradual Build to Contentment

So today was a blessing from one part to the next. First I got to sleep in (okay, so 8:30 to me is sleeping, that's pretty late for me..) and that felt fantastic. I've lost quite a bit of hours of sleep over the past week so it was nice to get some of it back. The morning was pretty much resting the bruised finger and my back. In the afternoon, I met with my friend Becca to discuss our next performance; since she plays the flute it's crucial for us to find a way to get that instrument into the song. We got some very good progress, and I got to do some Jesus music education (basically, I went through almost half my iTunes library introducing and re-introducing her to some great Christian bands). That reinvigorated my energy, which was perfectly timed before Powerhouse. I got to hang out with my good friend Will for a while, and then it was off to my call of duty. Being on the hosting team is a lot of fun; I get some pretty good insight on the behind the scenes stuff that happen here at Hillsong. I helped one of the leaders with counting the offering, but the coin counter machine got messed up. You know what that means, right? We had to count all the coins by hand; and there were a few hundred.. more than what I would normally be comfortable with. But it was a fun experience, and I'm getting more and more settled in working with the church. Overall, this day was good; praise be to God for giving me a good day.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment