Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 104: Talent Opportunities

Since today was my day off, not very much happened, but what DID do was very cool. The morning started with a little meeting with the band; we've been discussing plans for our next performance, like who would be singing and when we could rehearse. I then spent the majority of the afternoon trying to upload as many of the Performance Day videos as possible; I could only get 3 today. So the grand total of my progress is 4 out of 10 videos fully uploaded onto Youtube and shared on Facebook. Lots of work to do (not to mention I have vlog number 5 AND a brand new music video waiting to be released). I was also able to chat with Hannah for a little bit; it's nice to see she's doing okay. Always puts a brighter spin to the day! In the evening there was an audition time for the Box, which is a small event that gives us students the chance to showcase each other's abilities; we could either do a solo item or one with a partial/full band. I feel that my audition went alright; I'm not necessarily 100% confident I did my BEST, but it did get the attention of the "judges". Then it was Powerhouse night; this time ended up being much different. Last week, one of the Venue Control guys noticed that I was helping my good friend Will and asked if I was interested in being part of the Hosting team; it turns out they needed some extra hands for the Hosting team, so being given the opportunities I jumped at it. Basically all I did was greet people, take a count of how many people were there, involvement in the offering, and counting the offering after the service was done. Overall, it was a new and exciting experience. Today was quite good; to God be the glory for that.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment