Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 97: Easter Break's Over

Today started with an invitation: my roommate Tyson asked if I wanted to join him in going to the East Gardens, a shopping center not too far from the Meritons. He made like 20 copies of his resume to pass out to stores that got his attention, and he didn't want to go by himself. So we got on the bus and headed down there. He was preferring clothing stores, since having a job at a clothing store would mean discounts on expensive stuff (which, in Australia, is EVERYTHING). Seriously, the prices were so high, I laughed at it; would you buy a leather jacket for $350? I wouldn't!! Unfortunately, several of the stores would only accept online applications, so he handed out like 12 resumes. I also decided if I were to work anywhere here in Australia, my first choice would be JB Hi-FI (which is basically Australia's Best Buy). It's full of technology that I know and love, and there's one just up the street from here, which would mean I wouldn't have to pay for travel (unlike the Apple store....). So I have decided that I will attempt to construct a resume and see if JB Hi-Fi is taking any applications (Besides, discounts would be sweet too 8D) Overall, it was cool to hang out with Tyson, since he tends to be out doing God knows what most of the time. The afternoon was just relaxing, as well as cooking up some dinner which was the best dinner I've prepared so far (after all, perfect practice makes perfect). Tonight, it was Powerhouse, but I didn't really partake in it. I was serving most of the time, which was a lot of fun; I just feel more comfortable serving in Powerhouse than sitting in it. I always feel kind of lonely in Powerhouse now that I think about it; but because the leaders noticed how I was serving, they offered to sign me on the team for Wednesdays. Pretty cool, I think. Tomorrow is Sisterhood; very excited about that! It'll be good to get right back in action, that's for sure.

God bless,
Steven

P.S.: To mom, dad, Mandy, Sausage, and Albert: I miss and love you very much!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steven, we miss you too, can't wait till December, I'm so glad that you are learning how to cook...Love it...take care..mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, Sausage and Albert miss you mucho!

    ReplyDelete