Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 96: "A True Hero"

Today was made up of resting. Lots of it. Even though I tend to have much more free time than originally thought, it's nice to have the opportunities to relax after busy days like Easter. I got to chat with my parents which was neat (unfortunately my sister couldn't talk because she was taking my little one Albert to the pet hospital) My dad got me completely by surprise by telling me about these shirts he made with the Here and Alive logo (Hannah even modeled it for me) That was something I never would have expected, but it was a great surprise. After the chats, my roommate Tyson had me help with this barbecue he got; we officially have the sweetest balcony thanks to the personal couch and barbecue! He got to road test it for his Connect Group guys, and since there was a bit too much meat, he had me join in on the feast. That barbecue works wonders, I tell you. They even watched Hercules, which brought back memories of those growing up days long ago. I remember the very first time I saw even a minute of Hercules was at Kaiser Permanente at South San Francisco when I was around 5; it's a random memory, but it just stayed there to this day. That then made me remember how my mom was always there for me when I got sick; whether it was asthma or a simple cough, my mom was always there with care, love, and the right medicine to cheer me up. The whole time I've been here down under, I haven't gotten even a slight hint of sickness, which is SWEET 8) in Jesus' name, I will be far from sickness all year! God is good. He's my provider, He's my protector, and He's my loving Father. What more could I ask for but to have my Creator at my side?

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment