Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 424: Dark Is the Venue. Light Is a Presence.

Day off bullet points:

• slept in (needed that a lot)
• worked on my assessment, turned it in
• went to one of the best shows I've ever been to, thanks to Anberlin.

One thing I want to express about Anberlin's show is the presence of God within it. They had these other two bands alongside them for the concert, but these other bands were just off-putting; the first band was very much on drugs while on stage, and the other guys just weren't very "entertaining". Anberlin, however, was completely different; these guys were just happy. You could see the joy in their faces as they were performing; God was in that room when they were on stage. That's the beauty of bands in the mainstream culture of music; these guys are in the middle of secular bands, but they're presenting God's love to these bands when they tour with them. Anberlin's been one of my favorite bands specifically for that; they also announced that they love coming to Sydney so much, they're coming back in the fall (I hope they mean American fall though, because I saved up to go to this concert; and as much as I'd love to see them in a couple months, I'd prefer to save my money this time). Anberlin, thanks for an awesome evening; pretty much set my week up for a win.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment