Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 418: Connections to Pastimes

Today was awesome, for real. It started early with chapel rehearsal and TV; I got the opportunity to train one of our new recruits with one of our cameras. After what was our smoothest rehearsal so far, I had a little bit of time before my first class of the day, Analyses. We looked over the kinds of planes that music covers: one that gets your attention, one that can trigger emotions, and one that solely focuses on the music. It was a fun class, and I'm looking forward to next week's class. Chapel this morning was so good; it seemed as if almost everything went right. Our advisor Ben gave an awesome message that was very inspiring, and it was another awesome day working with TV. Our pastoral care class was great too; Catrina gave us incredible insight on things like being active listeners and approaching situations carefully. Since that was my last class, I decided to try out some more stop motion; I used these little containers we had in our flat and turned them into minions from the movie Despicable Me; the video took a good forty minutes to finish, but it was worth it in the end. I just got back from my connect group, which was lots of fun; I feel like this semester with my connect group is going to be such a highlight of my week. The good news is I get to sleep in, since I don't have class until 11; a good night's sleep, here I come!

God bless,
Steven

P.S. If you want to see a small little video of the stop motion projects I've done, I put together a small video on Facebook; that should give you an idea of the kind of things you can do with moving pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment