Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 419: When Opportunity Calls..

So I found today to be very enjoyable. My original plan for the morning was to chow down some cereal before class, but for some reason Donny wanted to go out for breakfast. So he and I went over to ChickensPlus to grab a couple bacon & egg rolls (these bacon & egg rolls are an Australian traditional food; they sell them just about everywhere). I hadn't had the ChickenPlus version before, so it was worth a try; and now I know exactly where to go if I'm ever in the mood for a celebratory breakfast. Theology of Worship today was great; we talked about definitions of worship and their backgrounds, and to end the class our classmates Jessica and Joy led a little time of worship for the class. I'm looking forward to having this worship thing every week. Our workshops today were great; so our recent mission is to take one song and rearrange it to the style of a completely different artist. The band I'm part of has two songs: Eleanor Rigby , originally performed by the Beatles, rearranged in the style of Beyonce, and the hymn Blessed Assurance done in the style of Jonsi. Today we focused on the Beatles song; all I can say about it so far is that we're going to have lots of fun playing around with this song. The main purpose of this assignment is to help us gain more expertise in the way we compose music; by rearranging songs, we can look more into the practical things of writing and composing our own music. After this class, I had a college creative meeting, which went very well; we've got the next couple weeks planned out, so all we have left to do is to make sure it all happens according to plan.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment