Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 414: An Unsung Hero and His Partner

Today I got a revelation. Funny thing is it came out of my mouth and didn't register in my head until later on. I was talking about something that impacted me during first year during our Musicianship tutorial, and what came to my mind was the fact that the heart of this church is found in every single area. Whether you are on stage or in a position that's never publicly seen, every team lives out the heart and vision that the senior pastors have set over the church. It's pretty awesome to see it for real; every team that I've been part of has been passionate about following the heart and vision, and it sure made me realize something about my personal pride. When I first came here, I knew it was going to be a while before I could get an opportunity to be on stage. Then again, I had a very musical vision then. Then along the way God led me to TV, and ever since then I have dedicated more of my time into that ministry. Especially now that I'm helping run TV, I tend to really be behind the scenes. And you know what? I love it. I absolutely love being unseen, because I see it as a form of personal growth. I've been on stages or in front of people serving for as long as I can remember; yet I find myself enjoying servanthood more from a place that's not visible. Plus, our TV crew is a family; we know each other so well, and we work as a team to a professional level. I've felt so honored to be part of this college, church, and ministry; I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's as if my whole life of service has prepared me for this specific season. I've never worked so much before, but if it wasn't for being part of my family's ministry projects like C.P.O.M., Operation Samuel, and other parts of church life. Today left me feeling inspired and at ease; I'm just loving life so much right now.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment