Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 413: Branching Out

It's amazing the difference it makes when you wake up and just dedicate your day to God. This morning, I just stayed in my bed and said a simple prayer, that this day would be His and not mine. The fruit that came from that decision couldn't have been sweeter. My day started with Sisterhood and working with my favorite people in the world: TV. I was given the privilege to once again man camera 1, and I had such a fun time doing it. This however, was the last day I will be doing TV for Sisterhood because I have been drafted to the Misterhood media team; it's like my camera is taking me to more places than I planned! I was thinking about how I had no experience with filming when I got here; sure I've done acting before, but never actually making videos as a hobby. Look at me now: I'm head of the video creative team, and I'm being involved with so many other video outlets within the church. If I had known this was going to be my life in Hillsong college, I probably would have done things a bit differently; but then again, who am I to complain about what God's preparing me to do in this season? The classes today were phenomenal; I had Old Testament Studies, Pastoral Care, and Team Leadership, which are all so empowering and filled with practical tools to make my life easier. Sure, it's the longest day of the week, but I can handle it because it's helping me grow in every way. Tonight was also the start of Team Night; we got to hear Sanga preach on making God the most high in our lives. Great message from Sanga, as always. As I look back on what's taken place so far this week, I can't help but wonder: how will I be able to handle having every week this semester be so AWESOME??

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment