Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 407: Leadership 101

Second year focuses on giving you the tools to be able to lead a team. With these intensives, we've been getting a lot of input in such little time; I'm honestly surprised I caught up as well as I did. Our intensives were all led by our college vice president, Mark Hopkins; it's always a treat to have Mark around. He's one of the more genuine people I've ever known, and he definitely knows what he talks about. Chapel was awesome this morning; one of my good friends from last semester, Aksel, played bass on stage for the first time. Aksel is one of my favorite people in college, so it made me proud to see him up there; he definitely works hard enough to gain that privilege. TV was interesting today; in the early morning rehearsal, there were a few complications along the way. Although we didn't figure out all the problems, our amazing team kept it together and made it work until the end. Sometimes I can't help but wonder how Josh and I are so blessed to have people that are legit, trustworthy, and passionate about the world of TV. I'll make it up to them somehow. Intensives finished around 3:30, so after that, it was a lot of winding down and hanging out with my flatmates. This weekend is already shaping up to be fantastic, and I'm just so relieved that the internet in our flat is working again. Seems like good things do come to those who wait.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment