Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 421: Building From the Bad

Today was quite the experience. This morning at rehearsal we had quite the scare: while we were setting up the screens and cameras for the rehearsal the power to the control room went out. In a split second we were completely cut off from everyone else in the main auditorium. It kinda felt like a scene from one of those war movies were a group of soldiers get separated and have to fight their way back to the rest of their group; fortunately, our great team made a laugh about it and had fun waiting for one of the building managers come to help figure out what happened. Once everything was solved we could finish the rehearsal right, so that gave a sigh of relief. Our Musicianship tutorial was awesome; we got to go through one of our assessments, and I was actually able to submit the first one during class! One down, many more to go.. Chapel itself was great; God really moved during the service, and it was a privilege to support what was happening from the background. After chapel, I was free for the rest of the day; I spent the afternoon working on a few things here and there. In the evening, I joined a group of great friends to celebrate my friend Stephanie's birthday; we had dinner at the Shakespeare, and later dessert from Max Brenner (I've heard a lot of hype over Mr. Brenner, but I don't think I'll be rushing there anytime soon). It was a good day as it progressed onward; this weekend should be no different.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment