Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 420: Being Heard

Thursdays are the long days. If I don't plan my Wednesday night well, I'll end up struggling throughout the day. This morning we had the Be the Change event; usually on these days I don't serve in my regular allocation. So instead of serving with TV, I was rostered to Mums and Bubs, which is Australia's name for moms and babies. All I really had to do was offer assistance with moving the strollers in the room; unfortunately I wasn't really needed, since the moms didn't need need my help. It would have been weird for me anyways I think.... but anyways.. after Be the Change, our chapel core team had our weekly meeting to update on what's happening in the next couple weeks. I got to show Toast my stop motion opener for College News, and he loved it; basically, everyone's getting excited for College News since it's never been done before (one small part I'm privileged to contribute to the church's legacy; surprisingly enough, Laz was joking around if I should start a TV & Media stream here in the city campus. Now that would be another shicker entirely). The next 5 hours was all class; amazing classes, but a bit strenuous. With the classes over, I get a one and a half hour break until Team Night, which is turning out to be better than before. Tonight was Gabe Kelly's potential last night with us before he moves out to New York to help build up the new church there; Gabe has been the city campus creative director, so for him to leave is a bit of a bummer. Fortunately, we are now under the leadership of Dean, who is a former student but now teacher and regular staff for the church.

If I got anything out of today, it's that my plans and ideas of how this college experience would go have completely ben swept under the heavenly rug. God's placed me in areas that I never thought or considered before coming, but the things He's doing through me are so much greater than what I would have wished to accomplish on my own strength. Even now that our music classes are in full force again, I'm getting back into the habit of practicing the bass; so I'm still fitting in pieces of the dream alongside God's work. One thing I really need prayer for is the assessments; so far, we've been given a layout of what they will be looking like this semester, and all I have to say is I'm going to need a lot of support and prayer to make this remotely possible due to my busy schedule. I also need to find a way to get Microsoft Word on my computer so I can fill these assessments out right; otherwise, they would look horrible on the only other writing program that's on here. So far the best deal I've found is a downloadable one for $60, so hopefully it can work out very soon.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment