Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 394: Dr. Seuss's Lair

This day was awesome!! It started late due to sleeping in, but once I was out of bed, things got rolling. I just relaxed through most of the afternoon, and around 4:15 I headed to church to help with the evening service. I was asked by my friend Hanna to sub for her since she was at the Powerhouse Retreat; I'm nothing if I'm not flexible. This time, I got to reacquaint myself with the prez desk; to be honest, it's not necessarily my favorite responsibility in the studio, but someone's gotta do it. I pretty much had a crash course on how to operate prez, and fortunately I was trained by Rob and James, two of the best in the crew. The service was very good; Julia A'Bell gave a fantastic message on selfless living. TV is becoming more natural to me now that I'm getting more involved; I definitely stoked to see what gets accomplished this semester. When I got home, I found this massive fort constructed in my living room; turns out the guys finally got the chance to do what we wanted to do in 223. We were messaged by our friends Katherine and Caitlin that they wanted to have a big dinner with us (Caitlin is my roommate Michael's girlfriend, and Katherine is one of our good friends that finished college last semester. They actually made dinner for us, and we ate in the fort while watching Louie Giglio's Indescribable. It reminded me of when Alison and Becca would make dinner with us, so it's like nothing really changed. Boy, do I miss my mom's cooking...

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment