Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 390: Enrollment 2011

This morning was one that gave a little deja vu to my brain. Last year, I went through this incredibly long process of enrolling into college; from payment, to student ID, fieldwork, accommodation, and eventually enrollment, I was there for quite a while until everything was settled. This year was surprisingly shorter; the only thing that took a while was the line for getting in. Because God provided the money to cover my first semester, I didn't have to go through the payment section which was the longest line the whole morning. I was pretty much done within 15 minutes, so it was relieving. In the afternoon I went with Celeste to Eastgardens so she could get a couple things taken care of; I just realized I haven't mentioned that here. My good friend Celeste will be heading back to Texas on Friday because of financial struggle; probably the roughest news I've heard in Australia so far. God's in control though, so we know she's coming back soon. Tonight, we had connect group with our new group leader Damien (to whom I credit recommending the 50mm lens for my camera). We pretty much just had a barbecue/farewell party for one of our good friends, Bart. Bart came from the Netherlands to intern in Australia for two months, so now he will be returning home; he's a really cool guy, and I'm glad I got to know him. After connect, Donny, Josh, and I went out for a "flat walk", just walking through Moore Park and talking about life and other silly things; I seriously couldn't imagine college life without them. I feel so blessed to have them as flatmates, and with our new flatmate Michael, things are even better. I'm telling you, this year is going to be good!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment