Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 373: Family Matters

I love my family. I couldn't ever think any other way about them. God gave me incredible parents that are more than a blessing, and I have a sister that's awesome at life; plus I can't forget my dogs who bring all kinds of joy to the Gomez household. We spent the morning with my grandma, who I'm also grateful for having in my life; when I was little she helped raise me, and now that we're here for her we can show appreciation for that (I certainly can). My sister decided to steal me for the day so we could hang out, which was so much fun. Our afternoon was pretty much hanging out with our dogs, taking her to see Tangled for the first time (which she ended up liking; not surprised at that, it's an awesome movie), and getting some grub at In-N'-Out; nothing's quite like the double double. I just finished watching a disc of Are You Being Served?, a British comedy that I watched with my sister growing up but never really understood until recently. When you're a Hispanic kid, hearing British talk can be confusing, but now that I've been so well exposed to that sort of dialect, I found it much easier to understand. In less than an hour, the countdown to my last week of break here in the States will begin; may God have mercy on my soul.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment