Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 387: Going Back to Church

This morning I reunited with my flatmate Josh; it was like one of those bromantic movies where the friends see each other after a long period of time. We went out for breakfast, and after that we stopped by church so he could print out some papers. We met up with Donny and headed to the city; Josh and I decided that we need new phones (since the one I had last year is basically retired, and his was lost) so we visited Vodafone to see if they could help us. We ended up getting these Nokia phones for a reasonable price, and now I only have to pay $29 a month for credit (compared to $30 a month last year; that dollar I save could make all the difference, I think.) Afterwards, Josh and I went to Saturday night church, where we had the honor of seeing Louie Giglio preach on speaking up about what we believe in; since it's a two part series, we get to hear the second part tomorrow! The whole time we were listening, I couldn't help but think of the DVDs my dad got me; Louie has been one of my favorite communicators, and to see him in person gave a whole new light to how God is using him. I pray that God will use me to a similar degree; probably not in preaching, but in whatever calling I am given.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment