Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 391: Team Building Missions

I'm a bit concerned about how my inner nerd can break out on occasion. I don't mind it, since some of the best parts of my life growing up were consumed by nerd-dom, but I wonder if that affects the way people see me. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but one can still wonder. Take today for example; the nerd I know I can be truly shined today. I found myself reliving the glory days filled with comic books, video games, and music that no one around me listens to; but it's these kinds of days that make me appreciate what I've been through to be here at this present day and age. Checking my email I received a newsletter update from Marvel, since I signed up for it way back when I was all about Marvel comics. They were advertising some big Fantastic Four news in an upcoming series, but what really got my attention was something I had a small phase of a while back: wallpapers. Instead of trying to describe them, I'll just post them to see for yourself:



You gotta admit, this looks pretty darn awesome. I love how these superheroes that have been around for decades are getting a proper introduction to the rest of the non-comic book reading world.



Josh and I want to plan an event where we get as many Americans as possible to invade the local movie theater to watch Captain America: The First Avenger while wearing red, white, and blue; seems like a good plan to me. But until then, I only have to wait a few months before this one is unleashed:



It should be great. The afternoon, as much as I hate to say it, was consumed by something called Phantasy Star Online; Donny, Josh, Kappa, and myself went through an entire four player game from beginning to end; fortunately our gaming skills made it possible. I know that seems like a waste of time, but I found it to be something memorable; if anything, it showed me what connections I have to people in college. Sure, lots of people went out to the beach or in the city; but we enjoyed just hanging out in a living room sharing laughs and incredible game experience while trying to complete these massive quests across many worlds. We celebrated by having a rather large dinner (since it's actually Australia Day, similar to the 4th of July) and watching a few movie classics. This was our last real day of vacation; kind of glad it got to end with a bang.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment