Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 366: 2011: Hello.

The first day of 2011 for me was quite the day. To experience California Adventure one last time before the trip home was great; getting on the newfound classics like Toy Story Midway Mania, Screamin', and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was awesome! At one point we went into the Blue Sky Cellar to check out the new plans and updates; there was one specific thing that seriously caught my attention. It wasn't one of the upcoming attractions or a new layout/design; it was a quote from Walt Disney himself. He said "As long as there is imagination in the world, Disneyland will never be finished." To see a man with such a massive vision made me really draw back and think to myself. Disney started this park back in 1955; yet even back then he had incredible vision for the future of his parks, his company, and ultimately his legacy. I admire Walt for that; I've spent a lot of my life only thinking of what's around me in the present. There have been those small moments of thinking to the future, but I don't do much of that. I want to have some more vision this year; especially since I have some big responsibilities waiting for my return down under, I want to make sure I'm more than ready for it. Ultimately, I can put my future in God's hands and be available for His work now. 2011 is gonna be a good one; much better than any other year. I'm believing it; won't you?

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment