Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 365: The Eve of A New Era

New Year's Eve; probably one of the most crowded days I've ever experienced in Disneyland. Seriously, there was a lot of people; even the smallest of shops had lines going outside the building! But nonetheless, it was still a fantastic day; the family had an awesome time. Today one of the top priorities was to get on Indiana Jones; two days ago, the fastpasses were all gone by the time we got there. This time, we were determined, only to find the fastpass line going from the entrance all the way to the Enchanted Tiki Room and a little bit past that. That was... a shocker to be honest, yet I wasn't surprised since it's an awesome ride. Throughout the day, the only obstacle was the hundreds (maybe even thousands) of people everywhere; thanks to this, I didn't go on Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Alice In Wonderland. It's not catastrophic news, but I still would have liked to get a full experience of the park this year. The fireworks was cool; even though it was the same holiday show as last year, it's always a highlight. I personally would have liked some more personal space, but hey who am I to complain? As 2010 was coming to a close, the Gomez family ended the year in prayer; as the clock counted to 2011 and everyone around us was shouting and cheering, we huddled up and said a prayer for this year. I couldn't have wanted it to be any other way; this is the halfway point of my journey. Second year, here I come.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment