Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 383: Sydney, we meet again..

So the past 3 days were all part of my return to Australia. It started on Sunday, where I went to the Garcia's church to say bye; it was nice for them to pray for me, because Lord knows I need all the prayer I can get. After that, we went home so I could pack the rest of my stuff/hang out with my dogs for the last time until December. Once my sister and Derek came to the house, we went to have dinner; saying bye to the little guys tends to be the hardest thing for me, even when I was there with them all day. Sausage was the one that knew what was going on; he gave me a goodbye lick and watched me go (one of the most emotional goodbyes in my life. Not kidding.) After an awesome dinner at Benihana's, we headed to the airport; I said bye to my family and headed to the gate. After 17 hours of travel (including not having a January 17th), I arrived in Sydney. I got picked up by Alison and Becca, since Donny was working at the time. So I headed to Toys-R'-Us and reunited with my good ol' flatmate; he's extremely happy I'm back. It's felt as if I never left, really; the only difference is that I haven't really done anything so far. I am still in need of finding my phone in my room, as well as building my new bed frame before my roommate flies in tomorrow. God's been so good to me so far; not to mention it's nice to be back. This next week will be a bit low key, but that's cool; that should give me enough time to get used to 70-85 degree weather.


God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment