Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 56: One Surprise of a Day

So as the title suggests, there were quite a bit of surprises along the hours. It was Sisterhood day, and us men had to make sure the ladies were served like queens; we did just that. As soon as I walked in the door, my Norwegian friend Jorge asked for help. I was then diving into all kinds of random assignments before I moved to my self-applied position: the water server. I couldn't help but notice some people are always on the move, and even getting a cup of water can be a setback (with Hillsong, it's a total truth). So I put it upon myself to always have a cup of water ready for anyone that heads my way; as soon as one is taken, another cup is filled. I like doing it so much I'm considering making a permanent assignment just for me. I don't care if the leaders notice; what maters is the people are being served, even in a small anonymous way. This morning was a special Be the Change activity morning; I was allocated to the Response Team, which was basically outside ministry. I was put onto a team where I was the only one with experience in both outreach ministry and the Towers area. However, mentioning that I had done it before ended up with my having a team of my own; how.... shocking. I felt it in my gut something like that was gonna happen. So we knocked on door after door until we were able to help an old, sick Russian woman that really appreciated our cleaning work. After a hefty cleanup process, it was lunch time before my last class of the day; nothing says quick lunch like sushi rolls, so I got 3 and went to work on them. After my Old Testament course was done, I went back to the apartment only to realize I forgot my key; great. BUT it ended up working in my favor, because I got to read some of the Scripture without any serious distraction. It was good, and before I knew it, I was back to Hillsong for a Chapel Workshop where we met the leaders in charge of making it happen. I also got assigned to be a Front Of House Assistant, or FOH Assistant. This, in simple terms, is a soundboard mixing job, where I have to mix the sounds for the band on stage so they can hear the whole group better; I think it's pretty cool! The other surprise was after the piano tutorial we had after a small service; what I got out of the tutorial gave me a massive idea for one of my songs. So I got here, plugged in my keyboard, and went straight away on recording the idea. It eventually became 2 ideas that I can't choose from, but we'll see what happens. I feel very pleased with how the day progressed; it was definitely God-breathed.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment