Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 40: Nothing Other Than Powerhouse

Today was a challenge for me. This morning there was a tragedy with my clothes that I was washing. A couple days ago I washed my clothes, but my roommate Erik told me not to use the dryer because it would make the gas bill very high, and since I have absolutely NO place to put all my clothes, I had no choice but to leave it in the washer until I could figure something out. This morning it actually smelled worse than when I put it in to wash it. Plus my other roommate Anders was using the dryer, so that confused me at first, but I then decided that I just HAD to use it. It didn't really help in the end; so now I have very little clothes to survive on until my clothes that still have a distasteful smell can dry in some way. I'm gonna put this in prayer, because I have nothing else to look to; and with this experience, I am most likely going to a dry cleaners from now on. I've been thinking a lot lately about God and my purpose here and His plan for me; I feel like there's so much I have to do until I get even a small bit of clarity on this. I know that God is here and He's watching over me, but just the fact that I'm basically alone out here makes it very hard to pretty much survive. I also spent a portion of the day alone since everyone was out, which gave me some time to try and fix the laundry mess and listen to the new music that released yesterday. I also got to make a 1st draft cover for what will be my collection of favorite songs from SFC chapels and T.R.A.C./the Bridge. In complete homage to SFC, I figured the cover just had to have a Trojan on it (I'll see if I can post the draft picture somewhere. Tonight there was Powerhouse, which is the young adults evening. There's gonna be a series about love that's gonna cover the next several weeks, so it should be cool. It's been a mental and emotional roller coaster for a couple weeks now, and all I can do is trust that God is gonna carry me through these rough patches so I can give it my all with college. Please keep me in prayer that I can get through these mental down-spots and give 100% of myself to God's service.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment