Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 45/46: Worship classes, Leadership, and Norwegian Cheese

So Monday was SO busy I didn't even get a chance to update the ol' blog. But here I am! Basically the entire morning was full of worship awesomeness; a lecture on the difference between being a servant and a steward, a workshop on transcribing music and forming practice bands, and a tutorial on our worship assessments. It really gave me a good insight of what to expect this semester. The day was pretty much relaxing and enjoying the day, other than taking time to get a Flip camera (which means I can make legit video blogs to accompany this written blog in case I leave out anything by accident).

Today, I was absolutely impacted by the lecture and chapel. This morning, Pastor Duncan talked about personal leadership, and boy did I receive from that! There was just so much wisdom to absorb, it's hard to think any student DIDN'T get touched by it. Chapel was also amazing, as we got to hear our principal Katrina give a great message on Ephesians condensed into 6 points that correspond to the 6 chapters. I also got blessed with enough vision and inspiration to finish the title track for the EP, Here and Alive, as well as getting a great idea on improving one of the other songs (much thanks to Andyº Hunter for that little inspiration. If you don't know who that is, he's basically the coolest Christian DJ I've ever seen; totally awesome music with great God-based lyrics!) Plus, I got to visit a Connect Group, which is just a group of guys that meet up every 2 weeks as accountability partners and to study the Word. Overall, I'd say today was just full of blessing; tomorrow's my day off, so I get to work on my assessments and record some more music! YAY!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment