Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 43/44: Church Life, Loss of Time, and Love

Saturday morning was the absolute best highlight of the weekend. We got to work with Street Teams again, and I got to return to the fairly large Redfern Towers (also called the Suicide Towers, for obvious reasons...). We offered cleaning services to the people, and even though only one lady actually had us work, we had a great time. I never thought I would have so much fun dusting a house before, but I sure did; we made a wonderful friendship with a Russian woman named Maria, who used to be a cardiologist. We met some other nice people, like Mary from Greece, Wendy from Australia (a very lovely lady with plenty of spunk), Alex, and Tom (a native jokester). Other than that, I was let down again concerning the whole phone thing. Another chunk of time and money wasted for them to tell me the papers I had weren't enough. But other than that, it was a good day. Today, however, was very fun. Since it was Valentine's Day, it was all love based in church; and Hillsong sure knows how to spread the love. We had choir again, and it was total fun. The big surprise was singing Jon Foreman's song "Your Love Is Strong"; it's one of my favorite songs from his EPs, so I had a blast singing it as a worship song. The worship leaders switched it up a bit, but it was great. And I was privileged to hear another incredible word from Robert Fergusson; this guy just never ceases to amaze me; if you ever get a chance to look up his messages, I recommend you do. Seriously, he can blow you away. The evening service was great too; they interviewed Joel and Julia A'bell about relationships, love, marriage, having kids, etc. Lots of great insight from them, indeed. Tomorrow is the beginning of the regular school schedule; super excited, I am.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment