Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 35: Awesome God

I felt very unusual today; not like sick unusual, but just kinda damaged. I've been thinking on everything that's happened in my personal life over the past 6 years and how the enemy was trying to bring me down. Many occasions he won, but in many more God rose victorious; that's why I give Him glory. A lesson I've learned this first week: no matter what direction your day/life may take, alway give God the glory. I've been hurt by others, but mostly by myself; I've let myself get into some pretty tough battles. Some of them are still in the middle, I'll admit. I don't have the strength and confidence to confess some of the things I've done over the years that I'm ashamed of, but in God's name I will. If anything I will confess as a witness to how God can heal and change lives. God is good; He is mighty, powerful, and loving. And He is my Father; Robert Fergusson said that he would constantly remind himself that God is His Father. And over time he said it so much, it was something he believed in SO strongly and it just became a default praise. I want that to be a standard praise for me; to just be able to lift up God as my Father right away. Makes you wonder, huh? I think you should give it a shot; after all, repetition is key to remembering important things, right? Just try it. We had some great sessions at school today, and tonight was the United night, where they combine the 3 main age group ministries: Fuel (the middle school program), Wildlife (the high school program), and Powerhouse (the young adults program). In case you didn't know already, Hillsong United is radical, and they can certainly entertain. Tomorrow I finally get to some outside Street Team awesomeness, so I'll be sure to give you details on that.

God bless,
Steven

P.S.: I have a special treat for everyone: tonight, Hillsong put together an exclusive promo for this month's theme of living a life of love. They had these brand new EPs that include 6 totally great (but new, for you) songs and a message from Chrishan, the youth pastor. IF you are interested in getting in on the love, send me an email, and I will respond with the songs! And be sure to spread it, because we all need Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment