Saturday, September 6, 2014

Made Whole

The sacrifice God wants is a broken spirit. God, you will not reject a heart that is broken and sorry for sin. (Psalms 51:17 NCV)

I've had a difficult past couple months. There's been so many blessings and reasons to be grateful for what God's continuing to do in my life, but recently I've been in the midst of some serious trials. I almost went a half year without the sin that kept me tied down for 10 years, because of the pieces of my life that were more than enough to keep me going. But... I'm back at it; it's made a few knocks at my door, and I've let it in again. These moments leave me feeling awfully broken, like I'm in a constant cycle of falling into the same mistakes over and over. What keeps me together is His grace, love, and mercy. God hasn't given up on me, despite having every reason to. He's place very important, valuable people in and around my life to put a smile on my face and peace in my heart. I don't know what tomorrow's battle will look like, but knowing that I'm not alone, knowing that I have friends and family on my side praying for me, that's what gives me the upper hand should I choose to utilize it. I may be hurt, I may be bruised emotionally and spiritually broken, but He proves Himself faithful every second He allows me to live. Every breath is a gift of love, every heartbeat a validation of His promises and truths. If you're on the same boat, struggling with a burden on your back, it's okay. God just wants you, every bit of you. We can approach Him as we are, and He will accept us. I may be broken, but I am not destroyed beyond repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment